Here you will find source material used in preparing some of the articles presented throughout our website.
In addition we have supplied some website addresses if you are interested in further information on a particular subject.
Positive Parenting Techniques
Types of Parenting Styles - "What are …The Different Types of Parenting Styles and…Why do You Need To Know?"
Including articles on:
Authoritarian Parenting Style
Authoritative Parenting Style
Permissive Parenting Style
Uninvolved Parenting Style
* "ERIC Clearinghouse on Elementary and Early Childhood Education"
-Parenting Style and It's Correlates. ERIC Digest-Author: Darling, NancyPublication date: 1999-06-00ERIC Identifier : ED427896
Web Link: http://www.ericdigests.org/1999-4/parenting.html
* "Parenthood In America"
- The parenting of Adolescents and Adolescence as Parents: A Developmental Contextual Perspective (1998)
Richard Lerner,PhDAnita L. Brennan Professor of EducationDirector, Center for Child, Family and Community PartnershipsBoston CollegeAuthors:E. Ree NohClanice Wilson
Baumrind's General Parenting Styles (Dianna Baumrind 1973)
* About.com/ Guide
Article by: Susan M. Heathfield,
UCLA study reference: 93 percent of communication effectiveness is determined by nonverbal cues.
"Reading to Children" - The Gift that Keeps on Giving
* The Read-Aloud Handbook (seventh edition)
Authored by: Jim Trelease
Published by: The Penguin Group
For further in-depth reading about Jim Trelease and his mission to help children make books into friends, not enemies, his website is:
Article: Reasons to Read-Aloud to Children
By: K.Polette - Pearson Allyn Bacon Prentice Hall
Website link: http://www.education.com/reference/article/reasons-read-aloud-children/
* Bullyingepidemic.com (Lorna Blumen)
When Teasing Turns Bad - How Can We Tell?
* Dr. Kimberly Mason, phD. Author of 'Bullying No More'
Article: Is Your Child's Friend a Bully?
* The American Sociological Association
American Sociological Review (2014, Vol. 79(2) 228-257)
* The New York Times
School Bullies Prey on Children With Autism
Bullying Rates and Statistics
* National Centre For Educational Statistics
* Stop A Bully - Safe & Anonymous
* The Olweus Study: Bullying in U.S. Schools: 2013 Report (published date:2014) obppbullyingtrends_2014_final.pdf
* Bullying Is Not A Game - A Parents' Survival Guide
By: Laurie Flasko and Julie Christiansen, M.A
* Bullying Epidemic - Not Just Child's Play
By: Lorna Blumen
* Bullied - What Every Parent, Teacher and Kid Needs To Know about Ending The Cycle of Fear
By: Carrie Goldman
* Bullying No More - Understanding and Preventing Bullying
By: Kimberly L. Mason, phD., LPC, NCC
* The Bully Solution - Effective & Practical Ways to Empower Your Child & Stop Bullying in Its Tracks
By: Carol McMullen
ISBN 13 978-0-439-02422-8
ISBN 10 0-439-02422-6
* Little Girls Can Be Mean - Four Steps To Bully-Proof Girls In The Early Grades
BY: Michelle Anthony, M.A., PH.D.
Reyna Lindert, PH.D.
* Sticks and Stones - Defeating the Culture of Bullying and Rediscovering the Power of Character and Empathy
By: Emily Bazelon